Supporting a vibrant Voluntary, Community & Faith sector in Bury
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by developing the capacity of Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCF) organisations in Bury to provide support and deliver quality services. We will do this through
h effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
Voice of VCF sector
- advocate the interests of the VCS at a strategic level in partnerships and networks locally, regionally and nationally.
- Support 2-way communication between VCF groups, commissioners and statutory providers
- Represent the VCF sector at a strategic level
- Support VCF Networks and partnerships
- Provide advice and support to VCF organisations to develop their capacity
- Promote and support volunteering and the the involvement of volunteers
- Support with Funding & Fundraising, quality assurance, business planning, policies, procedures, governance, legal and financial issues etc.
- Provide VCF organisations with opportunities to discuss and exchange experience and information;
- Keep the VCF sector updated by disseminating relevant strategic issues to the VCF sector and vice versa
- Provide a 2-way dialogue between the VCS and stakeholders; disseminating information to the VCS and feedback to stakeholders from the VCS.
- Enable smaller VCF groups to participate in service delivery by acting as a prime contractor on their behalf;
- Support the public sector with their VCF sector and community engagement strategies.
- To facilitate and improve the co-operation between VCF organisations
- Commissioning Support support commissioners and VCS organisations with local service delivery
VCFA provides Volunteering and Development support to the VCF (also known as VCS) in Bury enhancing their ability to support local communities. VCFA also promotes the VCS sector and advocates on their behalf at a strategic level with other stakeholders.
VCFA is focused on enhancing the role of the local VCF sector in delivering quality services within local communities which will help support VCS organisation. Our support will be focused on providing effective and appropriate deliverables to front line organisations.
- Support the development and enhance the capacity of the VCF;
- Support and develop Volunteering
- Develop partnership working locally
- VCF to secure funding form a range of sources
- Work with business to enhance CSR locally
For more information and for any questions please get in touch