Enhancing the quality of life of local residents
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by enabling Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise sector organisations (VCF) in Bury to provide support and deliver services. We will do this through effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
Rough Sleepers Outreach Worker Job Description
Bury VCFA has a vacancy for a Rough Sleepers Outreach Worker, to be based with Bury Council and at our offices in Bury.
The main requirements of this post are
• To engage rough sleepers in designated areas, maintaining a regular street presence and initiating contact with those sleeping rough.
• Ensure a record of each street outreach is kept so an overall profile of rough sleeping in the area can be produced.
• Assess new clients face to face in a community setting in order to establish personal needs and circumstance that will form the basis of a support plan
• To interview and assess the housing and resettlement needs of single homeless people allocated to caseload, provide advice on the housing options available and make referrals as appropriate.
• Using personalised and tailored approach to access appropriate accommodation and housing
This is not an exhaustive list, and we encourage you to download the Job Specification for more detailed information.
To apply, please download and complete the Job Application. We can not accept CV’s for this post.
This post is fixed to September 2020.
If you have any questions please contact Pauline Crossley on 0161 447 3035. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date for all applications is Monday 7th October 2019 and interviews will be held that week
If selected, you will be working from our offices in Bury as well as from Bury Council offices.
37 hours per week (p/t 18.5 hours per week)
For more information and for any questions please get in touch