Supporting a vibrant Voluntary, Community & Faith sector in Bury
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by developing the capacity of Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCF) organisations in Bury to provide support and deliver quality services. We will do this through
h effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
VCFA is offering a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) solution to the business community in Bury that will help businesses to enhance their links and reputation in the local community, through a local CSR service that supports Voluntary, Community & Faith (VCF) organisations in Bury.
“Keep it Local” will support local businesses and individuals to keep their CSR work and donations within Bury. VCFA will provide a full CSR support service that will promote businesses locally by enable them to support local VCF groups . Whilst we recognise the work done by large national charities, it does not directly benefit the local community in Bury. By keeping the Bury pound in Bury we benefit both the local economy and the local community.
VCFA will offer the following CSR services to local businesses :-
- Donations – Support business and individuals to give their donations to the local Bury community where their customers and staff live and work. Bury Community Fund will collate donations for distribution to local charities and causes – Brokering local giving. g. save on your tax liability by giving some profits to the fund.
- Employee Volunteering – VCFA will support businesses in helping their employees volunteer with local groups. Brokering partnerships, and helping them to identify suitable volunteering opportunities, which will enhance the business reputation in the community and help the employees develop new skills. e.g. company accountant giving 1 hour a month linked to a local group needing help.
- Sponsorship – Assist businesses to find appropriate local causes that matter to them personally for sponsorship for both financial and in-kind help, by business and donors identify potential recipients. e.g. help secure a IT maintenance contract.
- Pro-Bono Help – VCFA will help business to enhance their CSR through practical professional and specialist business support. VCFA will coordinate the demand from the VCF sector, thereby ensuring the firm is not inundated with requests. g. a solicitors firm providing 15 hours annually, VCFA will manage the requests from VCF group sand sign post them to the provider.
- Surplus Goods – VCFA will help eliminate waste by distributing unwanted or surplus goods to local VCF groups for the benefit of the local community, aiding recycling and saving disposal costs. e.g. seconds; returns or damaged goods to sell in the charities shop or for volunteers
- Brokerage – We will help to connect the business community to a particular local cause that is they may have a particular interest in. g. link you with a community group that matches your hobby interest.
This will help develop a long term mutually beneficial partnership. Furthermore similar schemes in other areas have shown that this long term relationship leads to legacy donations – as the loss of a loved one enables people living and working in Bury set up a legacy endowment in their name.
Where a business is already donating locally, we do not want that to stop or divert that support. We will help ensure wider recognition, publicity and acknowledge the contribution with a bronze, silver or gold award and ensure a better long term returns for your business through local support.
What your Business will get in return
- Increased Business sales through additional business from VCF groups organisations as well as more customers from the community locally.
- Photographs and acknowledgment in VCF newsletters, social media, websites and regular press releases, Annual VCF event/conference.
- Maximum publicity for your business in the local community in a number of ways
- Your logo on the VCFA website with a link to your website
- Regular press realises with a vote of thanks
- Articles/Focus on your business in the VCFA newsletter.
- Publicity and acknowledgement recognising your business as been “A Socially Responsible Business”
- Regular mentions on Social Media
- Tax relief on donations
- A plaque acknowledging your donation displayed in your office/business premises
- Enhanced reputation as a Socially Responsibility Business.
- Increased traffic to your website though the numerous links VCFA will promote
- Enhanced and improved Employee skills
- Job satisfaction in your employees enhanced through volunteering
- Save disposal costs on unwanted goods by donating to VCFA
- Increase in business sales through positive image and reputation in the community
- Save costs on having your own in house CSR dept by outsourcing to VCFA.
- Even the smallest business can enjoy the benefits of a full CSR department by using VCFA as a CSR partner.
- Links to the Bury Directory and One Community Bury
- Feedback – A thank you at meet the groups events, report on how your donation has made a difference
- Focus on a one local business partner in every issue of our newsletter and the group supported newsletter and/or website
Possible Options for the Bury Community Fund
Bronze Partner – £5 per month / Single Donation of £50 or more – listed on VCFA website; regular mention on our Social media feeds.
Silver partner -£10 per month/ Single Donation of £100 or more – all as in bronze plus a framed certificate to display in your premises and mention in our newsletter n
Gold Partner – £25 per month / Donation of £300 or more all as in Silver plus Bronze plus a plaque to display; stand at VCF events; and a focus on your business in our newsletter and our website once a year.
For more information and for any questions please get in touch