Supporting a vibrant Voluntary, Community & Faith sector in Bury
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by developing the capacity of Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCF) organisations in Bury to provide support and deliver quality services. We will do this through
h effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
VCFA provides all aspects of Development Support to help organisation’s to be more efficient and effective.
We do this by supporting VCF organisations to enhance and develop their capacity to provide essential services to the local community. We help develop organisational capacity; staff knowledge; manager’s skills and trustee’s leadership skills.
Improving and enhancing organisations governance e.g.
• setting up a new organisation
• Charity and or company registration
• choosing the right legal structure
• drafting the governing document – constitution
• closing down/winding up
• trustees/management committee Roles & Responsibilities
• Charity law compliance
Capacity building to help your manage organisations operations effectively e.g.
• business planning
• Managing buildings/premises/shops
• organisation policies and quality procedures
• Job Descriptions
• HR and personnel issues
• Tendering; Contracting; Commissioning
• monitoring and evaluating your work
• capturing and recording outcomes
• Partnership working with other organisations from building links to developing partnerships and mergers
Advice, support and guidance on good financial management e.g.
• Managing finances
• Financial planning
• trading and generating income
Our development support will work on your organisations strengths; identify areas of improvement and/or development and help to address these. We do this in a number of ways bespoke to individual requirements e.g.
• Good practice examples
• how to Guides
• 1-2-1 support with a development officer
• By phone
• by email.
• Organisational Health Checks
Charged for services – £25 per hour
• Writing a Business Plan
• Writing a Marketing Strategy
• Producing bespoke policies and procedures
• Writing Fundraising Plan
• Developing a Fundraising Strategy
• Intensive 1-2-1 funding support
• Training workshops and surgeries.
• Securing Quality Assurance accreditation e.g. PQASSO
• Organisation reviews (e.g. requested by funders)
• project evaluations or end of grant evaluation
• independent consultations with your service users
For more information and for any questions please get in touch