Enhancing the quality of life of local residents
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by enabling Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise sector organisations (VCF) in Bury to provide support and deliver services. We will do this through effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
Funding Officer Job Description
To support local Voluntary and Community and Faith Sector (VCF) Organisations in securing funding from a range of sources
- keep abreast of income sources and funding opportunities
- disseminate the same to the VCF sector
- assist and support VCF sector in them in developing Bids/tenders/applications to secure funding form grantmakers and trusts
- help develop VCF consortia to secure tenders/contracts/funding bids
- Secure funding and support for the VCF from private businesses
- Keep abreast of funding and tendering opportunities from the public, government, trusts and private sector ensuring the local VCF is kept informed of these
- Advice the local VCF in preparing quality funding bids and tenders (including to Trusts; Foundations’ Lottery; Local Authorities, CCG’s Health Service, etc).
- Help VCF groups to maximise opportunities by supporting them with an expression of interest /pre-qualification through to the tender stage, objectively reviewing bids submissions and suggesting changes/improvements
- Support the development of project concepts by researching and developing relationships with prospective funders (e.g. BIG) and the local VCF.
- Liaise with and support the VCF on funding opportunities, applications and project development in line with the tendering and funding bid requirements.
- Establish and develop good relationships with Trusts, Grant Makers, and commissioners including personal visits where appropriate.
- Develop good practice guides and model applications for the local VCF to use in fundraising
- Develop links with the private sector to provide sponsorships and funding through the Corporate Social Responsibility for local VCF
- Support VCFA trustees and staff in preparing and submitting capital, core and project funding bids to appropriate organisations trusts grantmakers to ensure sustainability
- Help develop consortia and partnerships within the VCF to secure tenders and deliver services
- Support development of VCFA
- Keep abreast of funding opportunities and disseminate these
- Fill in for other staff members (holiday & sickness cover)
- Recruit, Manage & support volunteers to support this role
- Participate in training and information briefings and maintain an up to date knowledge of the VCF sector.
- Attend supervision sessions and staff meetings.
- Assist management n preparing quarterly monitoring reports outlining the progress of the work, bids submitted; funding secured and key issues raised by members.
- Carry out occasional other duties as agreed within supervision to develop the aims of VCFA.
- To undertake any other duties as prescribed by the Chair/Chief Officer.
- Undertake such personal training as may be required to keep up to date and fulfil the professional requirements identified for this job description.
- To have a collaborative and flexible approach to work undertaken by VCFA. contribute to the development of VCFA
VCFA is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy or practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age or impairment. This policy applies to job applicants, employees, volunteers and service users.
- All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
- The job description is a guide to the work that you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities in line with the grade for the post.
- This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period
To Apply and find out more Information please download the full specification and application form below..
Apply through email
If you have any questions please contact VCFA chair Sajid Hashmi on email@example.com or by phone on – 0798 420 4000
Please note that the closing date for all applications is Friday14th September and interviews will be held week beginning 17th September 2018.
If selected, you will be working from our offices in Bury.
35 Hours Per week Full time or 21 hours per week
Occasional evening or weekend work
For more information and for any questions please get in touch