Enhancing the quality of life of local residents
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by enabling Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise sector organisations (VCF) in Bury to provide support and deliver services. We will do this through effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
Networking & Partnerships Officer Job Description
- Facilitate and support VCF members by providing and sharing information
- support VCF organisations in communication with each other
- support VCF organisations in communication with public sector (council / CCG / GMCA / police / fire / Govt etc)
- ensure information dissemination from the public sector to the VCF
- ensure Issues and concerns from the VCF are fed back to the public sector
What will you be doing?
- Support local VCF networks including COG; and the VCS assembly
- Ensure dissemination of information to the wider VCF sector in a variety of way
- Support, develop and build the capacity of VCF reps on strategic partnerships/Network
- Collate and disseminate information from VCF reps on strategic partnerships/Networks to the wider sector and make it available online
- promote mutual understanding between public and VCF sectors.
- ensure better communication between sectors
- circulate/share info in different ways – post/mail/email/Social Media; website and Newsletter
- Collate and disseminate relevant information from national/regional and local developments to the VCF
- Collate feedback from Reps on strategic partnerships and disseminate widely
- Be a communication interface between Bury Council/CCG/GMCA etc. and the wider VCF and vice versa
- Act as conduit for communication between Bury Council/CCG/GMCA and VCF.
- Keep abreast of funding and tendering opportunities and disseminate the information to the VCF
- Maximise VCFA newsletter website and Social Media to disseminate information,
- provide feedback and collate responses
- Provide consultation with the VCF to Bury Council/GMCA and public sector in general.
- Support development of VCFA
- Keep abreast of funding opportunities and disseminate these
- Fill in for other staff members (holiday & sickness cover)
- Recruit, Manage & support volunteers to support this role
- Participate in training and information briefings and maintain an up to date knowledge of the VCF sector.
- Attend supervision sessions and staff meetings.
- Assist management n preparing quarterly monitoring reports outlining the progress of the work, bids submitted; funding secured and key issues raised by members.
- Carry out occasional other duties as agreed within supervision to develop the aims of VCFA.
- To undertake any other duties as prescribed by the Chair/Chief Officer.
- Undertake such personal training as may be required to keep up to date and fulfil the professional requirements identified for this job description.
- To have a collaborative and flexible approach to work undertaken by VCFA. contribute to the development of VCFA
VCFA is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy or practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age or impairment. This policy applies to job applicants, employees, volunteers and service users.
- All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
- The job description is a guide to the work that you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities in line with the grade for the post.
- This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period
To Apply and find out more Information please download the full specification and application form below..
Apply through email
If you have any questions please contact VCFA chair Sajid Hashmi on firstname.lastname@example.org by phone on – 0798 420 4000
Please note that the closing date for all applications is Friday14th September and interviews will be held week beginning 17th September 2018.
If selected, you will be working from our offices in Bury.
£5 Hours per week full time 21 hours per week Part time
Occasional evening or weekend work
For more information and for any questions please get in touch