Supporting a vibrant Voluntary, Community & Faith sector in Bury
VCFA enhances local community and voluntary action by developing the capacity of Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCF) organisations in Bury to provide support and deliver quality services. We will do this through
h effective strategic engagement with our statutory partners and by forging alliances with local businesses and communities
VCFA provides volunteering support to both volunteer-involving organisations (VIOs) and individual volunteers looking for opportunities.
VCFA support Volunteering in Bury in many ways including :
1. Strategic development of volunteering in Bury
2. Provide VIO’s with good practice guides and support in Volunteer management
3. Promote and publicise volunteer opportunities via social media
4. Voice of volunteering
5. Brokerage – matching volunteers to suitable opportunities
For help or further information on Volunteering contact our volunteer Coordinator Tony Forster 0n email@example.com
Home Start Bury
Home-Start Bury is looking for volunteers to for families in their own homes to offer support friendship and practical help.
VCFA – Finance & Accounts Volunteer
VCFA need a volunteer with financial skills to support our Treasurer and ensure that the financial records, accounts and bookkeeping is up to date. This is a really interesting role especially for someone who has had previous experience of accounts or someone who wants to gain experience in accounts.
The role has a high level of responsibility therefore we need someone who is both responsible and trustworthy to take on this weekly task.
Prepare payments for authorisation
Maintain accurate financial records and bookkeeping
Manage Petty Cash
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
VCFA will be able to promote volunteering vacancies and opportunities though our newsletter and social media on behalf of local VCF organisations in Bury. Our support includes
• Volunteers Role descriptions templates
• policies and procedures to support volunteers
• Promote and publicise volunteering opportunities on social media
• Brokerage – match volunteers to suitable opportunities.
• Promote volunteering at a strategic level and across sectors
• Monitor volunteering in Bury to recognise the economic contribution made by volunteers
There are 100’s of local community groups and charities in Bury that need volunteers to help support their activities, and you can make a difference by just giving 1 hour a month.
• Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
• Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
• Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
• Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
• Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
• Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
For more information and for any questions please get in touch