Bury VCFA Volunteer Project
Are you unemployed, economically inactive or at risk of redundancy?
Bury VCFA are providing an Online ‘Volunteer towards Employment Project’ (VtEP) to gain knowledge and skills on how volunteering can enhance your employability!
The project aims to give you the confidence and skills to find the right volunteer role to support your employability through Microsoft Teams.
- 6 hours of support by delivering 4 online workshops and one to one sessions.
- Volunteer advice & how to apply for volunteer roles in Bury
- Full Induction and Experience of using Microsoft Teams.
- Induction to online volunteer courses to gain certificates
To enrol on the project, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the enrolment form
Does your organisation need training on the government’s Prevent Programme or are you perhaps an individual with an interest in stopping people becoming radicalised? If so, the Prevent E-Learning package shown below might be of interest to you.
The package covers points which include those shown below
- An overview of CONTEST counter-terrorism strategy
- How Prevent aims to safeguard vulnerable people from being radicalised and drawn into terrorism
- To understand how people can become radicalised
- To recognise the possible signs that someone is being radicalised
- To understand how and where to refer concerns
If you are interested in further training you can also contact Counter Terrorism North West on 0161 8566362 or the Community Safety Team on 0161 253 6544.
Suicide Prevention Training
If you work or volunteer in Bury and would benefit from attending a FREE 2.5 hour online Suicide Prevention Training session, then register your interest by emailing email@example.com
Objectives of the training
- Give an insight to suicide locally and nationally
- Help you identify those at risk of suicide
- Look at useful and practical ways to support those who may be feeling suicidal
Adult Safeguarding Training Course
The course is scheduled to run on line, in two parts from 10.00 – 12.00 on Monday 15th February and Monday, 22nd February 2021.
Numbers are limited, so I would be grateful if you could let me know as soon as possible if you have anyone in your organisation who would like to attend the two sessions.
Details of the training are:
Aim of Session
To give volunteers a basic yet effective awareness of how to adequately safeguard and protect adults
As a result of attending two half day sessions learners will achieve the following Learning Outcomes:
- Understand what safeguarding is and their role in safeguarding adults
- Recognise when an adult is potentially in need of safeguarding and take action
- Understand the procedures for making a safeguarding alert
- Understand dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults.
Volunteers who provide support, information advice and guidance or activities to adults on a regular basis.
All participants will be sent a workbook prior to the course that will cover case studies exercises and other information. A certificate will be issued after attendance at both of the modules.
The session will take place via Zoom and a link will be sent out a few days prior to the meeting with instructions.
This training is free but as there has been an outlay to provide the training we are asking that a £10.00 deposit is paid per delegate to confirm booking following receipt of your reservation. This deposit will then be reimbursed upon the delegate attending both modules. This is to ensure that no places are wasted,
If you would like to take advantage of this training opportunity, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Upon receipt of your reservation you will be provided with the details needed to pay your deposit(s).